Monday, August 13, 2012

Art tiles and tags

Wow it has been forever since I have posted anything.  I am loving making these art tiles and tags with my stamps and Tim Holtz distress inks.  I saw several videos on YouTube on how to make these.  First you start with some chipboard and I usually cover it with white paint to start.  You can also use paper instead of paint to cover the chipboard.  Then I stamp my images on the chipboard.  I then distress it with different Tim Holtz distress inks.  Once that is dry(I use a heat gun to speed up the process) I cover the whole thing with Mod Podge to seal it in.  Once that is dry I covered some of the pieces with Glossy Accents to give the epoxy type look to the tiles.  I left the Glossy Accents off of the pagoda and Asian lady tag.  This is an awesome way to use your stamps and create your own embellishments and you can create them however you want over and over using different colors. 








No comments:

Post a Comment